Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Week Thirty-Five - Draw Deeply

Psalm 4:12 reads, "For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield."

This verse describes how I often feel, surrounded and protected by God, my defender. He goes before me, moves things out of my way and makes my path secure. I feel His favor and hand upon my life. I know Him as my shield and the lifter up of my head. Do you?

     

1 Timothy 6:17 says God has given us "richly all things to enjoy." And in Romans 8:32, we read, "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"

     

All things. All things to enjoy. We are richly blessed in Christ. He withholds nothing. He gives everything. C. H. Spurgeon said, "Although a tithe of His possessions would have made a universe of angels rich beyond all thought, yet was he not content until he had given us all that he had. . .He has not been content with less than making us co-heirs with Himself so that we might have equal possessions."


Co-heirs with Christ, grafted into the promises of God, granted to sit in heavenly places, and the Scripture even says made to sit in His throne. "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" (Revelation 3:21). What an amazing position we have in Christ both here and in eternity.

     

All these things and more are ours in Christ. Do you know His favor? I hope so. Spurgeon wrote, "The boundless fullness of His all-sufficiency is as free to avail yourself of, believer, as the air you breathe."

     

We have no reason to experience anything less than this boundless closeness and fullness in our life with Christ. He has given us His love and calls us to make Him our treasure as much as we are His.

     

Spurgeon writes, "Christ has put the flagon of His love and grace to the believer's lip, and bids him to drink forever; for could he drain it, he is welcome to do so, and as he cannot exhaust it, he is bidden to drink abundantly, for it is all his own. What truer proof of fellowship can heaven or earth afford?"

     

And Christ says, "It is done. I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." So friend, seek to know this closeness and have this assurance. Draw deeply from the Well purchased and given for you and rest in His favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment