Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Week Twenty-Four - I Know

"I know," two words indicating knowledge of something. Like, I know how to drive. I know how to boil an egg. But it goes even further than the basic "how to." For example, I know my husband loves me. I know my investments are secure. I know where I stand on the issue. Those statements hold more weight than how to boil an egg, but there is an even deeper level of "I know."

I know God loves me. I know I am His child, and as Job 19:25 says, "I know my Redeemer liveth." These are statements of faith not based on personal ability or confidence but solidly placed in God Himself.

Spurgeon said, "To say, 'I hope so, I trust so' is comfortable, and there are thousands in the fold of Jesus who hardly ever get much further. But to reach the essence of consolation, you must say, "I know." Ifs, buts, and maybes are sure murderers of peace and comfort."

To know so and believe so is not presumption. It is faith positioned solely and positively on the promises of God; faith that "believes that He is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

This is the foundation - the "I know" of Christianity. And Spurgeon challenges us, "Let's not be satisfied with the mere foundation, for it is from the upper rooms that we get the widest perspective." And isn't that true? A solid foundation is necessary for the eyes of faith to move from the basement to the upper windows, where we see God at work far and wide.

Dear friend, do you have this foundation in place? Do you know your Redeemer? Are you living life from the positive perspective of the promises of God? If not, do not be content until, by faith, you can say, "Yes, I cast myself upon my living Lord; and He is mine." Get your foundation secure so you can move to the upper room and enjoy the shining light of God's grace and power.

Allow God to increase your faith, and take you higher into the knowledge of Christ until your "I know" becomes a place of safety, strength, and vision, and you can say with the Apostle Paul, "for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day" (2 Timothy 1:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment