Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Week Forty- Seven - Thank God for Pie

It's Thanksgiving week! Time for turkey, pie, and all the trimmings. As I write, my turkeys are cooked, and today I will spend baking in anticipation of a big potluck meal with colleagues tomorrow. So what is it about getting ready for a special celebration that fills the heart with such joy?

I look forward to the smells of dishes coming together, warm fellowship, and loads of laughter as we express our thanks for all God has given. 

Like most all my Thanksgivings for the past many years, the only blood relatives around the table will be those washed by the blood of the Lamb as my children and extended family are across the ocean. But that doesn't detract from the beauty of the day or the thankfulness in my heart. One taste of the pumpkin pie, and I am transported back to memories of years of family gatherings and the warmth of grandma's kitchen.

I don't know what your Thanksgiving day will entail, but I pray you make time to stop and praise the Lord for the beautiful things He places in your life. Don't let the struggles around you remove the joy of God's blessings or cause you to fail to take count. 

Here's a recipe for the day - 

Romans 13:15, "Now the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Fill your pie with joy, peace, hope, and faith, and make sure it is deep dish!

Then, 2 Corinthians 4:15 says, "that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God." Let your pie be generous in grace, full of flavor, and thanksgiving so God gets the glory.

Then, as you tuck into a slice of pumpkin pie or a slither of pecan, pause to thank God for pie! It holds a flavor like no other.


No comments:

Post a Comment