Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Week Forty-One - Need a Lift?

Sometimes, we feel low because we are physically, mentally, or emotionally exhausted. Other times, our lowness comes from the things happening around us, such as bad news, frustration, sadness at a friend's illness, or even the inability to keep life peaceful or without unwanted drama. Lots of things bring us down, but our Lord never does.

Psalm 3:3 tells us He is the "lifter up" of our heads. I've had to claim that promise many times when my spirit dropped to empty and my head was bowed in grief. I've always found the Lord met me there and lifted me up, placing me into His loving arms and renewing my outlook.

The Bible is full of encouragement for low times, and His Spirit has a precious way of bringing comfort and assurance when we feel low. 

Psalm 31 gives us several positive promises and truths that lift us up.

Verse 1 - He will deliver.

Verse 3 - He is our rock and fortress.

Verse 5 - He will redeem us.

Verse 7 - He knows our troubles and understands the adversity of our souls.

Verse 8 - He will not leave us in the hand of the enemy.

Verse 15 - Our times are in His hand.

What a precious promise! Our Father cares for us every moment of the day, lifting us up with His precious promises and eternal love.

Psalm 41:12 reads, "And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever." God watches us always—forever!  Even when our heads hang low, and our knees are weak, He is still there beside us, ready to lend a helping hand and lift us up.

So, we can say with the psalmist, "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance" (Psalm 42:5).

Friend, you may be in a low spot right now. Remember, it is just for a moment. Take yourself to Psalm 31 and read for a while. The closing verse is yet another precious promise. "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." It is my prayer that God would do just that for you today - lift you up and renew your strength. So, be of good courage. God knows where you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment