Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Week Ten - The Hand of God

As morning broke, my prayers began, and my heart brimmed with praise for God's greatness and the majesty of His creation. His sovereign dealing with men and ultimate rule over all humbled me and brought rejoicing as I praised Him for His hand upon my life.

Then, I went to my little study to do my morning devotions, and God, through the writings of Spurgeon from over a hundred years ago, met me there.

"The hand of God," Spurgeon wrote, "strengthens my soul and lifts the spirit upward toward eternal things." And that is what I had already experienced in my early morning prayers. God's hand heals, "cooling the heat of my burning brow and staying the tumult of my palpitating heart." Unwearied, the hand of God bears "the earth's huge pillars up and sustains my spirit." Loving me and all the saints, in majesty, "breaking the enemy into pieces to subdue my sins."

The hand of God upon my life gives me confidence, assurance, pleasure, comfort, and peace. I am always humbled and blessed when I meditate on God's loving hand involved in every area with love, power, and faithfulness.

A quick look through the Word reveals more about God's hand.

In 2 Samuel 24:14, David fell into God's hand for blessing.

In 1 Kings 18:46, Elijah was strengthened by the hand of God, and in Ezra 7:6 & 28, Ezra's was strengthened by the same.

Psalms 118:1 and 16 tell us God's hand does valiantly, and in Proverbs 21:1, we read that the king's heart is in God's hand.

If you have ever read the book of Ezekiel, you will find the mention of God's hand throughout the book. This prophet knew God's power, and His hand was upon Ezekiel's life and ministry.

When we turn to the New Testament, we read that the hand of God was upon Jesus in Luke 1:66, on the disciples in Acts 11:21, and on the apostle Paul in Acts 13:11.

And, it is upon us, His children, for blessing, direction, protection, and all we might need.

So, when we come to John 10:29, we can humble and thankfully receive the promise of security. Nothing, no one can pluck us out of the hand of God, our Father, or our Saviour's hand. We are doubly secure.

Dear friend, do you know assuredly that God's hand of blessing is upon your life? I hope so because the flip side isn't as beautiful.

God's hand is also known as a hand of judgment against those who stand against Him. And His is the final judgment. None of us escape the hand of God. So today, make sure you are on the right side of this truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment