Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Week Thirty-Eight - Wearing Your Feelings on Your Sleeve


The other day I came across this shared post. Have a read and see if you have experienced something similar.

"Last couple days, the devil hit me where it hurts - rejection. I'm sharing and making myself super vulnerable here because I want you to see how he operates.

Whether it be looking for a response from several people and not being able to get a hold of anyone, unintentionally interrupting someone and being told to stop, being told by people they would have to call me back, the devil used these experiences as evidence for his accusation - see, no one wants you around.

But in all of these cases, people's actions aren't personal. In fact, most had absolutely nothing to do with me. But my flesh and the devil worked in unison to make it all about me.

So, rather than just letting the devil continue to knock me upside the head, I was like, "Hey, wait a minute. Isn't it the devil's plan to isolate me? Isn't it his plot to cause division and strife? To make me feel unwanted, rejected, and disgusted by my mere existence and kill me by my own hands?"

Yep.

So I picked up my sword (the Word of God) and fought back. I got angry at the devil - not at these innocent people.

I said, "I cast you out, spirit of offense and rejection, in Jesus' name. I belong in the name of Jesus, and no weapon formed against me shall prosper."

And he fled.

That's what you have to do. You must take every thought captive that does not align with the Word and submit it to Christ. Sometimes you have to get violent in the spirit. Once you realize the war isn't with other people, it is with the rulers of darkness and your flesh, you will be so powerful."

by Paige DeRogatis

As I read her post, I remembered times when my feelings had been unintentionally hurt by the words or actions of others. I was wearing my feelings on my sleeve instead of using wisdom and discernment. There were even times when the enemy got the advantage, and I found myself whimpering in a corner and complaining instead of standing in God's truth.

Let's take hold of the lesson here. We must be vigilant and aware of the enemy's tactics, dressed in our spiritual armor and standing in truth, so he has no chance for victory. So if you are wearing your feelings on your sleeve, maybe it's time to shake them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment