Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Week Thirteen/Fourteen - Georgia Time

Last week this would not post. Today, it will!


I am writing to you from my son’s home in Georgia. Our time in Missouri has passed, and we are looking to fly back to England on Friday. We must first pass the Covid test and get all the other regulations in order. Lord willing, we will land in London on Saturday morning, just before Easter, ready for the next chapter of missionary life.

As I rest, pray, and study this morning, I am reminded how futile it is to race through life as if I were in control. The lyrics from an old song play in my head, “One day at a time, sweet Jesus, that all I’m asking of you. Give me the strength to take every day, one day at a time.”

Over the years, the Lord repeatedly reminds me of this truth. We are to measure our days, to count them, and to use them wisely. How wasteful when we fret over tomorrow or mourn over the past while we fail to enjoy today.

The Lord also reminds me that my future is completely in His skillful hands. I can only do what I can do today. He decides the outcome. He gives the increase. So how I choose to live today, how I choose to spend my time, expend my energy, or set my thoughts upon greatly affect how He can bless. If I keep taking one step forward by faith, He will direct those steps, He will continue to light the way.

On our way from Missouri to Georgia, we stopped at the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Mansfield, Missouri. It was there as I read about Laura's life that the Lord started these thoughts. Mrs. Wilder did not begin writing until she was 65 years old. Even then, her daughter, Rose, was the encourager and the editor. Laura never dreamed she would be an author, but God directed her steps and brought her exactly to the place where her life’s true purpose came to fruition. Imagine--she was retirement age before this part of God’s plan for her life began.

Friend, we have all sorts of ideas about what our life should be, what we are becoming, and where we will end up, but God might have a vastly different path. I think that is why it is wise to take that one day at a time, to fill it with beauty, and have faith that our journey is not complete until the Lord says so.

This time of pandemic just might be the time when God turns your path. It might be the time when you see things differently or new avenues open. When the Lord is directing your path, it is always an adventure. God works in amazing ways His wonders to perform. Following Him means keeping up!

For me, and it might sound a bit like a commercial – please forgive me, but God has been opening doors, and I am challenged to keep up. 2020 saw the publication of the fourth book in my Reba and Katherine series of children’s books and sixty devotional videos onYouTube, which led to four devotion books published.  It was a full year. You can check them all out on my website http://www.gailgritts.com.

2021 started with these three precious months home with friends and family. Friday, we return to the ministry in England, and I am excited to see what God has in store. But today, there are two little Georgia grandboys wanting to play games and a few more days with family, time to love, cherish and create happy memories.

Join me today. Let’s be doing what should be done and leave tomorrow to His will and care.

 

P.S.  We did arrive home safely in England on Saturday and are doing our ten days of isolation. Thank you for all the prayers and messages of support. Please subscribe to the blog and feel free to share! Leave me a message if you want. I’d love to hear from you.

1 comment: